Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Scrapbook Paper on Wooden Letters




This is a very simple tutorial.  I grabbed some scrapbook paper that I liked (I went with a vintage look).   Bought a few wooden block letters from Michael's.   All you need is scissors, mod podge, and some sort of sealant spray.





                                                                                       
I traced the letter's outline onto the scrapbook paper and cut out the shape.
I mod podged the entire letter and placed the scrapbook paper on top.  Make sure you smooth it out to ensure your paper doesn't ripple (this happened with the first set I made).







Let dry.  Coat with a sealant spray (I used matte mod podge spray) - and I gave it three thick coats.  

I think I'm going to continue this project letter by adding these to a piece of darkly stained wood (I chose such a light color and they blend right in with my white walls).











Since I used the word "keys" I also added small hooks to the bottom of the letters (be careful, if you're screwing them in by hand and using thin wood, it can easily crack - you can see by the photos that mine began cracking).  I put a little bit of hot glue into the cracks to keep them together.  





But all-in-all a super easy project that almost anyone can do!  The key is making sure you allow to dry before adding more coating, and also make sure you cut out your scrapbook paper a tiny bit larger than needed just in case. 



- Also, if you decide to take on any of the crafts that I've posted, such as this one - please let me know and send me a picture so I can add it to my page and show how other people's projects turned out!  - 

No comments:

Post a Comment