Monday, January 14, 2013

Glitter Shoes

I have to apologize for my absence.  The flu that is going around is absolutely awful!  Keep your hands washed and stay far far away from those germs!! 

I haven't exactly left my bed/couch for about 4 days now, so I'm quite delayed on posting the projects I worked on last week. 

I am going to post them seperately but will try to post as many as possible today while I'm feeling a bit better. 

The first is the DIY glitter shoes.  This is just about the easiest  craft I've ever done and possibly one of the most stylish!  Soon my whole closet is going to be turned into DIY stuff! (not that I'm complaining...)


So first you need an old pair of shoes (I bought mine for about 3 dollars at Goodwill).   You'll need some sort of brush, mod podge, sealing spray, and fine glitter.



I lost the picture of the shoes after they were covered in mod podge but the important part here is making sure you cover them very thoroughly and remember that any area you miss or do not cover with a thick enough coat will not hold glitter.  Cover the shoes thoroughly and then shake the glitter on the shoes - make sure you lay them on some sort of newspaper so you don't get glitter everywhere!


 After your shoes dry you need to cover them with some sort of sealing spray to keep the glitter from falling off.  I used a matte mod podge spray.  It worked well.  I did three coats (make sure you let dry before applying the next coat).    



Here are a few shots of the final project!  It is going to take a while to get all of the glitter out of the inside of the shoes.  However, I love the way they turned out! Such an easy way to jazz up and old pair of shoes!  


As you can see it is very important to make sure you get all areas of the shoe!  Overall they turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment